OFFICE OF CHILD CARE
Office of Child Care, within the Service Integration Branch
of the Chief Executive Office
222 South Hill Street, 5th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90012
(213) 974-4103 Phone / (213) 217-5106 Fax
The Office of Child Care website is in the midst of a reorganization and redesign. Part of the reorganization is streamlining the website menu. As such, click on the link About Us to access information on Child Care Planning Committee and Policy Roundtable for Child Care and Development as well as Office of Child Care Publications and Reports and Helpful Links and Resources.
- Voluntary, Temporary Transfer of Funds (TVTF): The Office of Child Care is now accepting applications from California Department of Education/Early Education and Support Division (CDE/EESD)-contracted programs anticipating under- or over-earning on contracts for 2015-16. Click on the link for more information and to download the VTTF Request Form.
- Child Care Planning Committee Membership Application – FY 2016-17 – Los Angeles County Child Care Planning Committee announces the launch its membership recruitment for fiscal year (FY) 2016-17. Applications are due April 27, 2016. Click on the link for more information and to download the application.
- California Transitional Kindergarten Stipend Program (CTKSP) – The Office of Child Care pleased to announce the availability of professional stipends for Transitional Kindergarten (TK) teachers and California State Preschool Program (CSPP) teachers with bachelor degrees. For more information, click on the Fact Sheet; to download the application form with instructions, click here.
- Consultant Opportunities – The Office of Child Care is seeking qualified applicants to provide consulting services to work with our Quality Rating and Improvement System (QRIS) program in the following categories: Outreach and Technical Assistance Consultant; Professional Development Consultant; and Data Collector Consultant. The deadline for submitting the State of Qualifications has been extended indefinitely.
- Cycle 16 of Stipend Program – 2014-15 - Click on the link for information on Cycle 16 of the Stipend Program, including the timeline and to download the instructions outlining the process for participating in the program. Funding for Cycle 16 of the Stipend Program is dependent on the availability of funds from the California Department of Education/Early Education and Support Division (CDE/EESD). Attention Race to the Top-Early Learning Challenge Participating Programs: New This Cycle – early educators working in programs participating in Race to the Top-Early Learning Challenge administered by the Office of Child Care are eligible to participate. Click on the link for more information.
- Feasibility Report on Countywide Child Care Rating System: On August 20, 2013 the Board of Supervisors approved a motion introduced by Supervisor Antonovich directing the Chief Executive Office to provide a feasibility report on establishing a countywide child care rating system for licensed programs.
- STEP Accomplishments and Evaluation Report FY 2012-13 The Office of Child Care contracted with Wold and Associates to survey and interview child care providers to obtain input on the implementation of STEP. Click on the link to access the Executive Summary and Full Report.
- Needs Assessment Data Sheets – 2013 The Los Angeles County Child Care Planning Committee is pleased to announce the release of the Needs Assessment Data Sheets for 2013, which compare licensed capacity with the estimated need for child care and development services by Los Angeles County families. The data is presented for infants and toddlers, preschool age children and school age children by zip codes.
- Shrinking Investments Yield Smaller Returns
The LA Children’s Data Network announces the release of this report that maps the loss of early childhood investments and infrastructure in Los Angeles County from 2008-11.