Classification and Compensation Administration Division
Kenneth Hahn Hall of Administration
500 W. Temple Street, Room 526, Los Angeles, CA 90012
The Classification and Compensation Administration Division enables the County of Los Angeles to recruit, retain, and motivate a workforce capable of delivering highly diverse, complex and expert services to County residents.
- Establish and maintain County job classifications with competitive salary structures.
- Develop and implement effective organizational structures for County departments.
- Administer County salary plans including Management Appraisal Performance Plan (MAPP), Physicians and Nursing pay plans.
- Assist County departments in diagnosing and resolving classification issues.
- Conduct individual and occupational classification studies; review and recommend department specific classification studies; reclassify existing classifications or recommend creation of new classifications.
- Prepare budget classification allocations for County departments.
- Provide consultation and/or classification and compensation training to County departments.