STRATEGIC IT CONSULTING
Strategic IT Consulting collaborates with County departments to provide business and technology consulting services, with a focus on innovation, strategy, and governance to improve County service delivery and business operations.
The OCIO’s Strategic Consulting role is to:
• Serve as a trusted technology advisor to the Board of Supervisors and Chief Executive Office
• Provide consulting and guidance on strategic technology solutions to department business and technology executives
• Provide clarity and alignment between enterprise IT Goals and department business and technology strategies
• Review IT budget requests and provide recommendations to the Chief Executive Office for all technology investments
• Support County IT governance and strategic planning to enable and support a cohesive operating IT community
Who We Are
Strategic IT Consulting is delivered through a team of Deputy Chief Information Officers (DCIO) that have extensive experience in technology strategy, leadership and management. They leverage their experience and OCIO service offerings, including Enterprise Architecture, Information Management and Information Security, to provide holistic oversight and guidance to their assigned departments. Each DCIO is aligned to the following Operation Clusters respectively.
Children & Families
Children and Family Services, Child Support Services, Military and Veterans Affairs, Public Social Services and Workforce Development, Aging & Community Services, and Public Social Service
Community & Municipal Services
Agricultural Commissioner/ Weights & Measures, Animal Care & Control, Beaches and Harbors, Consumer & Business Affairs, LA County Library, Parks & Recreation, Public Works, Regional Planning, Los Angeles County Development Authority
Public Safety & Criminal Justice
Alternate Public Defender, District Attorney, Fire, County Criminal Justice Coordinating Council/Information System Advisory Body, Medical Examiner, Probation, Public Defender, Sheriff
Arts & Culture, Assessor, Auditor-Controller, Chief Executive Office, Board of Supervisors, Human Resources, Internal Services, Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk, Treasurer-Tax Collector
Health & Mental Health Services
Health Agency, Health Services, Mental Health, Public Health
How We Innovate
The Deputy Chief Information Officer’s engage with the department business and technology leaders to provide innovative solutions for their business problems, keeping the business & technology strategic goals in mind. The key focus is always to add value to the business team by leveraging technology.