The Los Angeles County Incubation Academy provides training, funding and technical assistance to new and existing community-based organizations, especially those who serve underrepresented and justice-involved people. Building the capacity of service providers is foundational to justice reform efforts countywide and the County’s vision of offering care-first alternatives and treatments to more people.
Applications for the second cohort are now closed, but new applicants can still apply on a rolling basis for future cohorts.
If you’re interested in participating in the Academy, click here to apply.
Incubation Academy Cohorts
Third Incubation Academy Cohort
We are excited to announce the third cohort of our Incubation Academy. The organizations selected for this cohort are focused on services that help people reenter the community, and some organizations (shown in bold below) also provide housing for people exiting the justice system.
- Dream Catchers
- Sistah Friends
- Community Reflections
- Vermont Village CDC
- Renaissance South LA Inc
- Haven Neighborhood
- Los Angeles Metropolitan Churches
- Made New Foundation
- Advancing the Seed
- Doing More than Yesterday
- Free From Hardship
- Asian Americans for Housing and Environmental Justice
- Families Uniting Families
- Resilient Agency
- Ten Toes In
- Therapeutic Play Foundation
- Community Action League
- Open Paths Counseling
- New Reflections
- Brown’s Bridge Housing (FBG Group)
The second cohort of our Incubation Academy. The organizations selected for this cohort are focused on services that help people reenter the community, and some organizations (shown in bold below) also provide housing for people exiting the justice system.
- 1st Home For U
- Fathers and Mothers Who Care
- Homies Unidos
- Kennedy Austin Foundation
- Leimert Food Distribution and Re-entry Collaborative / Huma House
- Paving The Way Foundation
- Pride In Truth
- The house of Inez
- Transformational Living Homes
- Women In Transition Re-Entry Project Inc.
- Mass Liberation
- Centro CHA Inc. (Long Beach Community Hispanic Association)
- Measure of Hearts Foundation
- South Central United
- The Reverence Project
- Uncle Dave’s housing
- Unite a Nation
- Mildrie’s Road Foundation Inc.
- Anchor of Hope International Ministries, Inc.
- Nehemiah Project LA
- Nanas & Pappas Nest LLC
- Olive Support Services
- Project Hope Ca Inc.
- Abundant Blessings
- Whole Systems Learning
- Life Builders Incorporated
The first cohort was made up of 23 nonprofit and grassroots organizations focused on providing housing for people diverted from the justice system. The goal is to increase housing capacity and continue diverting eligible people from the justice system.
- The AMAAD Institute
- Anti-Recidivism Coalition
- Inglewood Wrapping Arms Around The Community
- T.D.D. Supportive Living, Inc.
- Tomorrows Options Todays Shelter Inc.
- Unseen Faces Foundation
- Reclaiming Americas Communities Through Empowerment (RACE)
- Fair Opportunity for Change, Inc.
- Raise A Village La
- Men Taking Over Reforming Society, Inc.
- Turning Point Alcohol And Drug Education Program, Inc
- MMBI / Moving Mountains by Illumination
- The Francisco Homes
- Dream Live Hope Foundation
- Sustainable Futures Project
- Color Us Purple, LLC (Transitional / Interim Housing)
- A Step to Freedom
- A Better You
- Positive Outlook Housing Corp.
- Grace Mercy and Hope
Presentation from LISC Listening Session #1 – April 21, 2021
Additional (LISC) Resources:
LISC LA Website: https://www.lisc.org/los-angeles/
LISC Stories: https://www.lisc.org/our-stories/story/justice-george-floyd/
For direct inquiries about the Incubation Academy, contact LISC at: ATI@LISC.ORG